My Vice: Peace Keeping

Speak Up for Peace by * Honest *

This past week, the Lord has really convicted me of some of my major personality flaws. The main thing He convicted me of was my views on peace. There is a drastic difference between being a peace keeper and a peace maker. A peace keeper doesn't want confrontation or change. Even when things are not great, the peace keeper will do everything they can to keep change away because change means conflict. Peace keeping is led by fear and distrust. I am a peace keeper. By trying to keep the peace, I am forcing myself to live in a prison of my own creation and not the freedom of the shadow of the Lord.

Jesus was a peace maker. There is a reason why the Marine Corps calls their troops peace keepers their guns peace makers. Jesus often made peace with a sword. Has Jesus ever cut you off from something that you knew wasn't the right thing for you, but you wanted it (her, him) anyway?

Peace making implies that an action must be taken. You can't just sit by and watch the world pass wrapped in bubble paper. You have to get out there and live. Yes, its going to hurt. Yes, you will be disappointed. Yes, it will be a life worth living. If you see something that needs to change, take the first step. If you see someone who has a need, fill it. Love people as God loves us. I promise the pain is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment